No Serious Damage After Multiple Companies Respond to Minor Fire at Farmers Inn

SIGEL, Pa. (EYT) – A little over a year after a devastating fire at the Farmers Inn Restaurant, several local fire companies responded to a call at the same location Monday evening.

(Photos courtesy of Sigel Volunteer Fire Department)

According to a representative of the Jefferson County Department of Emergency Services (DES), the call came in around 8:03 p.m. for a possible fire at Farmers Inn Restaurant,, 759 Shaffer Road in Sigel.

Sigel Volunteer Fire Department, Station 19; Sigel Volunteer Fire Department, Ward 2, Millstone Township Station 14; Brookville Volunteer Fire Company, Pine Creek Volunteer Fire Department, and Warsaw Township Fire Company were dispatched to the scene.

Jefferson County EMS was also called to the scene.

According to Dan Gilbert, Deputy Chief of Sigel Volunteer Fire Department, Station 19, the issue began in an electric clothes dryer and remained confined to that area.

“The owner already had it mostly handled before we even arrived,” Gilbert said.

Gilbert said they believe the fire was most likely caused by a problem with the electrical unit in the dryer.

There were no injuries reported and the damage was confined to the dryer unit and the items inside it.

Farmers Inn Owner Kim Lucas said the dryer was smoldering, but they never actually saw flames.

“The fire department got here really fast and checked out everything for us. We wanted to check the dryer’s exhaust and make sure everything was okay,” Lucas said.

“All is well and we’re open today. Some towels got blackened, but everything else is fine.”

The scene was cleared at 8:48 p.m.


Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.

Comments are temporarily closed. A new and improved comments section will be added soon.