Accidental DuBois Fire Causes $10,000 in Damages

DUBOIS, Pa. (EYT) –DuBois Volunteer Fire Department responded on November 22 to a fire at a home on Knarr Street in DuBois, Clearfield County.

According to police, the fire originated on the exterior of the home at the cable connection box.

Police say that an electrical malfunction led to the ground wire becoming energized causing the metal cable connection to become hot enough to cause the exterior of the home to begin to smolder which resulted in ignition to the side of the home.

A neighbor noticed the small fire, alerted 911 and the homeowner. The homeowner then extinguished the fire with a fire extinguisher.

The DuBois VFD responded and completed overhaul and checked for fire extension.

Damage to the home was minimal and is estimated at approximately $10,000.00.

No additional information was provided.


Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.

Comments are temporarily closed. A new and improved comments section will be added soon.