DuBois Teen Claims to be ‘Poseidon,’ Says He Can ‘Move Oceans’ During Alleged Drunken Incident

CLARION, Pa. (EYT) – A DuBois teen is facing several charges stemming from an incident with Clarion Borough Police while he was allegedly under the influence.

Court documents indicate the Clarion Borough Police Department filed criminal charges against 19-year-old Alexander David Bush, of DuBois.

According to a criminal complaint, around 11:22 p.m. on Saturday, April 7, Officer Maxwell was on patrol in Clarion Borough when he witnessed a white male run in front of his vehicle yelling “(expletive) the police.” The male was in shorts and had no shirt on, though the outside temperature was only in the upper 20s at the time. The man ran past Officer Maxwell’s cruiser and then he assumed a position in the parking lot with his back flat on the ground.

The complaint says Officer Maxwell drove closer to the man’s location, at which time the man got up and tried to run away. Officer Maxwell told him to stop several times, and he finally did so at the intersection of Weaver Place and Merle Road.

According to the complaint, the man was screaming and yelling about his girlfriend and how he just wanted to be with her.

Officer Maxwell asked the man to stop yelling and keep his voice down, but he continued to scream and yell. Officer Maxwell then asked the man for identification, but he did not have any on him. He told Officer Maxwell his name was Alexander Bush, which was later confirmed.

Bush allegedly appeared to be under the influence of drugs. When Officer Maxwell asked Bush if he was under the influence of anything, Bush stated he had used marijuana and LSD.

According to the complaint, Bush appeared to be seeing things and talking to people who were not there. He was also foaming at the mouth and had several cuts and abrasions on his body, as well as blood on his arms and torso. Bush allegedly kept trying to grab Officer Maxwell, who repeatedly told him to back up, and he had to physically push him away. Bush was extremely agitated and emotionally unstable, and stated, “I can move oceans,” and, “I am Poseidon,” among other things.

Officer Fox then arrived at the scene, and the two officers attempted to place Bush in handcuffs. Bush was asked to place his hands behind his back and remain still.

According to the complaint, one wrist was cuffed, at which point Bush pulled away and had to be restrained by Officer Maxwell while Officer Fox cuffed his other wrist and locked the cuffs. Officer Maxwell ordered Bush to stop resisting several times, but he refused to cooperate. After being placed in cuffs, Bush tried to drop to the ground and had to be physically carried to the car. Bush was then searched, placed in the back of the patrol unit, and buckled in.

Officer Maxwell transported Bush to Clarion Hospital Emergency Room for evaluation. While in transit to the hospital, Bush allegedly made a statement about wanting to harm himself. Upon arrival at the hospital, Officer Maxwell unbuckled Bush and asked him to exit the vehicle. Bush would not get out, and Officer Maxwell had to physically pull him from the car. Then, while entering the ER, Bush dropped to the floor and refused to get up, the complaint states.

With the help of ER staff, Bush was pulled to his feet and into an examination room. He was handcuffed to the hospital bed and was given medication to try to calm him down. Bush calmed down after a few minutes and soft restraints were used in place of handcuffs. ER staff stated they would be keeping Bush. Officer Maxwell made the staff aware of all of the statements Bush had made before leaving.

Officer Maxwell then contacted Bush’s father via phone and made him aware of the situation.

According to the complaint, about an hour after Officer Maxwell left the Clarion Hospital ER, he was asked by staff to return. He arrived at the ER and spoke with the doctor and Bush’s parents. Bush was alert and coherent and seemed calm. Bush stated that he did not remember what happened or how he got to the hospital. Bush apologized for his actions and stated that he honestly did not remember anything that happened. Bush also stated that he smoked marijuana earlier in the night. Officer Maxwell informed Bush that he would be receiving charges in the mail.

The following charges were filed against Bush on Friday, April 13, in Magisterial District Judge Duane L. Quinn’s office:

– Resisting Arrest/Other Law Enforcement, Misdemeanor 2
– Disorderly Conduct Hazardous/Physical Offence, Misdemeanor 3
– Public Drunkenness And Similar Misconduct, Summary
– Intoxicated Pedestrian Causing Hazard, Summary
– Noise, Loud, Disturbing, Unnecessary Noise Prohibited

A preliminary arraignment is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 24, with Judge Quinn presiding.

Copyright © 2022 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.

Comments are temporarily closed. A new and improved comments section will be added soon.