Say What?!: April Fools’ Day Prank Gone Wrong Burns Michigan Apartment

ALLENDALE, Mich., April 1 (UPI) — A Michigan college student’s April Fools’ prank gone wrong was blamed for an apartment fire that led to a building being evacuated, firefighters said.

The Allendale Fire Department said crews from Allendale, Blendon Township, and Georgetown Township responded Wednesday morning to battle the blaze in an apartment near the campus of Grand Valley State University.

Investigators said the fire apparently started when one of the four female college students living in the apartment tossed a fire cracker at a roommate as part of an April Fools’ Day prank and the firework landed in hamper, igniting the laundry inside.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/04/01/April-Fools-Day-prank-gone-wrong-burns-Michigan-apartment/6131427914431/?spt=sec&or=on


Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.

Comments are temporarily closed. A new and improved comments section will be added soon.