Say What?!: Match-Chewing Dog Blamed for Starting House Fire

MOUNT LORNE, Yukon – Fire investigators in Canada’s Yukon territory said a dog making a meal out of some “strike anywhere” matches was the likely cause of a house fire.

Dennis Berry of the Yukon Fire Marshal’s Office said investigators probing last month’s fire at a Mount Lorne home determined the fire started in or near the home’s dog bed and seems to have been started with some “strike anywhere” matches the canine arsonist had chosen as a chew toy.

Read more:

Copyright © 2024 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.

Comments are temporarily closed. A new and improved comments section will be added soon.