Fire Marshal: Faulty Wire Caused Perry Township Blaze

PERRY TWP., Pa. (EYT) — An electrical fire caused extensive damage to a Punxsutawney man’s residence Sunday afternoon.

According to the Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal’s Unit, the fire occurred Sunday around 3:30 p.m. at a two-story home owned by 37-year-old Jonathan Kanouff.

The fire broke out in the basement and was caused by an overheating electrical wire, according to police.

It caused extensive damage to the interior. Damage was estimated at $60,000.


Copyright © 2017 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.
Comments are temporarily closed. A new and improved comments section will be added soon.