Preliminary Hearing Scheduled for Brookville Man Who Allegedly Choked 3-Year-Old Child

BROOKVILLE, Pa. (EYT) – The preliminary hearing for a Brookville man who allegedly choked a three-year-old child has been scheduled for next week.

Court documents indicate that 35-year-old Glenn Bruce Beal Jr., of Brookville, faces a preliminary hearing at 11:15 a.m. on Friday, February 2, in front of District Judge Gregory Bazylak on the following charges:

– Aggravated Assault – Victim Less Than 13 and Defendant 18 or older, Felony 1
– Strangulation – Applying Pressure to Throat or Neck, Felony 2

He remains lodged in the Jefferson County Jail on $70,000.00 monetary bail.

Details of the case:

According to a criminal complaint, Brookville Borough Police were called to investigate an assault of a child that occurred around 10:06 p.m. on Thursday, January 18.

The mother of the child stated she was in the basement and heard bumping in the upstairs of the residence. She heard Beal swear and went up the steps to investigate. A verbal altercation occurred between Beal and the mother before the mother fled with the child.

Officers observed obvious finger marks around the neck of the child. The left side of the face was swollen and bruising from eye to ear. The child also appeared to have a black eye that was starting to swell shut on the left.

When police spoke to the child, the child showed, by demonstrating on a doll, what had happened. The child grabbed the doll by the neck and began to shake the doll repeatedly. When officers asked what happened to the child’s face, the child struck the doll first with an open hand and then with a closed hand on the face.

While responding, officers were informed that Beal was located at a residence on the 100 block of Geist Way in Brookville.

When Officer Turnbull arrived at the Geist Way residence, he observed a light turned off in the downstairs and a shadow of a person move between an ambient light within the residence and the window on the doorway. Officer Turnbull attempted to contact the person by knocking on the door and announcing police multiple times with no response from within. While attempting to make contact, Officer Turnbull was able to hear what sounded like a person snoring approximately 20 minutes after his arrival on the scene. While family attempted to contact Beal, Officer Turnbull was able to hear a cell phone ringing from within the residence.

After a three-hour standoff, police secured a search warrant for the home.

Police entered the Geist Way residence and took Beal into custody without further incident.

Copyright © 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.

Comments are temporarily closed. A new and improved comments section will be added soon.